About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Monday, August 10, 2009

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm a big fan of Chicken Noodle Soup...especially during the fall and winter months.  I'm an even bigger fan of homemade soup.  And easy homemade just makes me jump for joy.

So when I came across this recipe that my MIL shared, I was thrilled.  It's Sandra Lee's Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. It's easy and it's delicious.



1 store-bought roasted chicken (I usually select the "Herb" flavor)
1 cup diced onions (I don't use frozen for this)
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrot
4 (14-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic (I can rarely find the "with garlic", but plain cream of mushroom works fine...I use the "healthier" version)
2 teaspoon fines herbs*
Salt and pepper
2 cups egg noodles, cooked (I used wheat)

Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat from the bone. Put the chicken into a slow cooker along with the onions, celery, and carrots. Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and fines herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.

When soup is finished, stir in cooked egg noodles. Adjust seasonings and serve.

Don't put the noodles in too early or they will overcook and disintegrate over time.  I have found that it freezes ok...noodles get mushy.  ENJOY!

*Sandra Lee's Note: Fines herbs are a classic blend of herbs that usually consists of chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon. Fines Herbs can be found pre-blended in the spice section of the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment