prep time 10 min
total time 45 min
makes 6 servings, about 1-1/3 cups each
This one is NOT healthy, but a good casserole to throw in the mix every once and awhile. I think it's about 400 calories a serving.
1 lb. ground beef
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup water
4 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns (cubed not shredded variety)
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Brown meat with peppers and onions in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet.
3. Stir in taco mix and water.
4. Add potatoes, corn and VELVEETA; mix well.
5. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish; cover.
6. Bake 20 min.; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15 min. or until heated through.
When I made this, I did steps 1-3 the night before and put it in the fridge.