About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Thursday, January 7, 2010

Velveeta Tex-Mex Beef & Potatoes

Recipe is from www.kraftfoods.com

prep time 10 min
total time 45 min
makes 6 servings, about 1-1/3 cups each

This one is NOT healthy, but a good casserole to throw in the mix every once and awhile. I think it's about 400 calories a serving.


1 lb. ground beef
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup water
4 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns (cubed not shredded variety)
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Brown meat with peppers and onions in large skillet; drain. Return to skillet.
3. Stir in taco mix and water.

4. Add potatoes, corn and VELVEETA; mix well.

5. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish; cover.
6. Bake 20 min.; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15 min. or until heated through.

When I made this, I did steps 1-3 the night before and put it in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment