About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Thursday, April 15, 2010

Crock Pot Shredded BBQ Chicken

2 Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce

Spray crock pot with oil to prevent sticking. Put enough BBQ sauce in to cover the bottom. Place 2 (mostly thawed, if frozen) chicken breasts on the sauce. Cover chicken with the rest of the sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 4-5 hours in, remove the chicken breasts and shred with a fork and then return to the crock pot.

Serve with green beans, mashed potatoes and rolls or on a bun with some chips!

I'm not sure I'd leave this one on all day while I was at work. It was starting to get a bit crispy on the edges and I think 10-12 hours would be too long for it to cook. Plus you want it to cook 2-3 hours once shredded to really get it juicy and flavorful. So unless you could find a way to start it on your lunch hour, I'd stick with preparing this one when you are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment