About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baked French Toast


4 English muffins

Mixture:
3 eggs
3 tbsp melted butter
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup half and half or whole milk

Topping:
Raspberries
Kiwi
Bananas
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice

Fruit Dip:
8 oz cream cheese
Small container of marshmallow fluff
1 tbsp vanilla syrup – different than vanilla extract
Red food coloring optional to make dip pink

Spray pie dish with non-stick spray. Cut up 4 English muffins into small squares. Put in pie dish. Mix other ingredients together in a separate bowl with a whisk. Pour over the English muffins and be sure that the muffin pieces are coated with the mixture. Push down into mixture to fully coat if necessary. Sprinkle top with nutmeg. At this point you can cover and put in fridge until next morning or put into oven immediately. Bake 45 minutes at 350. Let sit 10-15 minutes. Mix topping ingredients together. Whip fruit dip ingredients in mixer. Top slice of baked French toast with the topping mixture and a dab of fruit dip or just use maple syrup.

I must confess that I've never made the topping or fruit dip, but the baked french toast is YUMMY with just syrup and powdered sugar. And it's great for when you have overnight guests since you can make it the night before.

Thanks Jill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment