About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Superfood’s Sweet Potato Oven Fries for Two


Ingredients:
Enough sprigs of fresh rosemary to cover a baking sheet (optional)
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 small/medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and blotted dry

The spices can be doubled to 1 tsp for larger serving of 3-4 potatoes or halved for 1 potato. Spice can be mixed ahead of time and kept in pantry in sealed container.

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil spray.


2. Spread rosemary sprigs on the baking sheet in a single layer, making sure that the entire surface is covered.

3. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.

4. Cut ends off of the potatoes. Leave skin on. Cut potatoes into ½ inch thick circles.

5. Lay the potatoes on the rosemary sprigs in a single layer and sprinkle generously with the seasoning mixture. Spray generously with olive oil spray.


6. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, and spray again with olive oil spray.I don't always use the rosemary and I often just bake them on our pizza stone. I only put salt/pepper on a couple of them for the kids because they are SPICY.

7. Return to oven for about 25 minutes, or until the fries are golden and puffed. Brush off the rosemary sprigs and serve warm. (Dipping in ketchup is good also!)

I often skip the rosemary if I don't have any on hand and just bake them on our pizza stone.  I also leave a few "naked" for the kids...because these can be SPICY!

No comments:

Post a Comment