About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Monday, July 27, 2009

Apple Pancake

2 large cooking apples (I used Golden Delicious)
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup sugar
Pancake batter (for 12-16 pancakes)

Heat the oven to 375. In a 9-10” skillet, sauté apples in butter over medium heat until tender. Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle with nuts. Pour pancake batter over apples and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake 15 minutes or until pancake is puffed and sugar is melted. If oven proof skillet is not available, bake in a 9-10” pie plate. Smother with syrup and enjoy!

This is an old favorite from a trip Andy & I took to Hocking Hills pre-marriage. We had this at the Bed and Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment