About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Southwestern Cheesy Chicken Skillet

Not exactly the healthiest...but a family favorite, nonetheless!!!!!!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes 6 – 1 cup servings

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
½ lb (8 oz.) Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
1 can (10 oz.) Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, undrained
½ cup sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)

1. Cook chicken in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in 2 cups water. Bring to boil. Stir in macaroni, cover. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until water is almost absorbed.
3. Add Velveeta and tomatoes. Cook until Velveeta is melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley.
4. Rotel will make it spicy, substitute can of diced Italian seasoned tomatoes for less spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment