About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Thursday, July 16, 2009

Beef Taco Bake

This is one recipe that my kids will actually eat. 
They've even thanked me for the great dinner afterwards!




Ingredients:
1lb lean ground beef
1 low sodium taco seasoning packet
cayenne pepper (optional)
1 can (10 3/4oz) Campbells Healthy Request Condensed Tomato Soup
1 can black beans drained or undrained
1 cup of your favorite salsa
1/2 cup skim milk
4-6 of your favorite flour tortillas (cut into 1"pieces)
1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
Reduced fat sour cream


1. Brown meat and pour off fat in a large pan (can do this the day before)
2. Add soup, beans, taco packet, cayenne pepper, salsa, milk, tortillas and 1/2 the cheese
3. Mix and spoon into casserole dish
4. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot
5. Sprinkle remainder of cheese over top
6. Serve with sour cream



Thanks Debi! We still keep this in our rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment