About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

This is from my friend Amy. Her recipe is awesome!

Also, this recipe makes a LOT - 24 big muffins or 4 loaves in 7-1/2x3-1/2 inch pans. It's great to stock up the freezer.

1 cup softened butter
3 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with pumpkin to the creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla, raisins and pecans. Pour into lined muffin tins or greased and floured bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees (about 25 minutes for muffins, about 45 minutes for breads).

No comments:

Post a Comment