About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Sunday, January 8, 2012

Amaretto Slush

If you love a sweet, slushie cocktail, then this one is for you!


Ingredients:

2 cups brewed tea (2 cups water and 6 tea bags)
7 cups boiling water
1 cup sugar
2-12 oz. frozen lemonade (thawed enough to get it out of the can!)
1-12 oz. frozen orange juice (see above)
2 cups Amaretto

Mix all and freeze. Scoop into a glass, top with Sprite or 7 Up and garnish with a cherry and/or orange slice.

Now, truth be told, this is most likely not going to get you hammered.  I drank two of the above pictured in a short time frame and didn't feel a thing.  Which either means I drink too much regularly (not really) or that this is not really potent.  There's a LOT of water added to that Amaretto.   So if you are looking for a strong drink, this isn't it.  Search for a bourbon slush recipe instead.  However, this is VERY yummy and won't disappoint when it comes to taste.  Plus it just looks nice as well.  Very festive.

Original source: http://www.modhousewife.com/2011/09/mother-in-laws-amaretto-slush/

No comments:

Post a Comment