About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Turkey Bacon, Mushroom & Zucchini Quiche

This recipe is adapted from the following on Surviving Motherhood:
http://www.motherhoodsupport.com/2011/04/turkey-bacon-mushroom-and-zucchinni-quiche/

Ingredients:
Turkey Bacon (I used half the package)
Mushrooms (I cut up 2 portobellos)
Zucchini (I used two small zucchini, sliced)
Red Pepper (I diced about 1/2 of one)
Onion (I used part of a yellow one)
Garlic (1-2 cloves)
Milk (1 cup)
6 Eggs
Half and half (1 cup)
Cheese (1 cup – I used mild cheddar)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Pie Crusts (I just bought a 2-pack frozen, let sit out 15-20 minutes first)

In a pan, saute the bacon, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic on medium heat until the veggies are soft and tender (about 15 -20 minutes).


Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the eggs, cream, milk, cheese and salt and pepper together.  Once the veggie mixture is tender, divide the mixture between the two pie crusts.  Then pour over the egg mixture and bake in the oven on 375 degrees for about 45-55 minutes.


You’ll know when it’s done when you can put a knife in the middle and it comes out clean.


It makes enough for two pies – one for now and the other for the freezer! 

Thanks Surviving Motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment