About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Betty Crocker's Sugary Gingerbread-Oat Chews

This recipe can also be found here: http://www.recipe.com/sugary-gingerbread-oat-chews/

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen. Can be doubled.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons molasses
2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 egg
1 pouch Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix (1 pound 1.5 ounces)
1/3 cup coarse sugar (I used regular sugar)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, beat butter, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add cookie mix; beat until soft dough forms.


2. The dough will be very sticky.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.


4. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Store in tightly covered container.

No comments:

Post a Comment