About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cut-Outs


1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar

4 eggs
3 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla

6 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg

You will need 3 bowls. In the largest bowl, cream butter well. Then add white sugar and brown sugar slowly to the butter and cream well. I usually do this one in the mixer.

In the second bowl, beat eggs and add water and vanilla.

In the third bowl, mix and sift the remaining dry ingredients.

Add alternately the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar.

At the end you will have to use your hands to shape the dough into a large ball. Chill dough at least 1 hour before rolling it out.

Roll on floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.


Bake about 7-8 minutes on 350.

Cool and icing. See Cut-Out Icing for recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment