About This Blog

I enjoy new recipes...especially those that are easy. I always look for two things in the ingredients - a short(er) list and ones that I normally have on hand anyway. So if you are looking for something new to serve...look here!

I can't promise that the recipes will all be easy or healthy, but I do promise to try to add a new one every now and then that I have already tried myself.

Visit my personal blog at www.take10withtricia.com.



Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brown Sugar Blondies

I got this recipe from Baked Perfection HERE which was adapted from allrecipes.com.  At a friend's suggestion, I doubled the recipe to fit a 13 x 9 pan.  And since I was making it for an event on the eve of Valentine's Day...I threw in the white, pink and red M&Ms.


Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter (I used salted sticks)
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
One bag (12-13 oz.) of M&Ms of any color

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 x 9 pan.

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set to the side.  Melt 2/3 cup butter.  Mix melted butter with the firmly packed brown sugar - I used a mixer for this.  Cool slightly (just let it sit a minute).  Add 2 beaten eggs and then the vanilla.  Blend well (again in mixer).  With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture a bit at a time until it is all well mixed.  Stir in 1 1/3 cup of the M&Ms.  

Spread into a 13 x 9 pan.  Sprinkle the remainder of the M&Ms on top. 


Bake for 40 minutes.  Cool before slicing.



1 comment:

  1. Those look divine. How many Points Plus though?! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete